The Hong Kong Federation of Youth Groups (HKFYG) and Hong Kong Trade Development Council (HKTDC) join hands to launch the “Home” for Youth Start-ups: Exhibition Experience Taster. This program provides an one-stop exhibition platform for youth start-ups. Selected youth start-ups will be able to exhibit their quality home products / services to nearly 500,000 visitors at the HKTDC Home Delights Expo in August 2017. Special training will also be provided for the participants. Selected business enterprises will be awarded the prizes worth more than HK$12,000.
Please submit an online application form via the website and settle the registration fee. A confirmation email will be followed to those successfully applied.
Applicants (business enterprises) are required to submit a PowerPoint presentation about the business with a copy of the certification of incorporation, a copy of the business registration certificate and the annual return on or before 23:59p.m., 8 July 2017 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The email title should be “Exhibition Exp Taster: (Name of Registered Company)” with attachments of no more than 20mb. Please include personal information of the representative(s) of the business enterprise (e.g. name and phone no.) and the reference no. stated in the confirmation email. The PowerPoint about your business for screening should not exceed 20 slides, including the following but not limited to:
1) Products / Services
a. About the founders / the team
b. Products / Services features
e. Photos / videos of the products / services
2) Booth design (if applicable)
3) Others (e.g. poster and other materials that are favorable for the selection)
1. Business enterprises selling quality products / services related to the Home Delights Expo, including household products, electrical appliances, kitchen utensils and beauty & fitness products, etc. For details, please refer to: http://homedelights.hktdc.com/pdf/2017/FairAtaGlance/Home_Delights.pdf
2. Business enterprises registered in Hong Kong for no more than five years (up to 28 June 2017 by deadline of application).
3. Business enterprises properly registered with the Hong Kong SAR Government and hold all valid permits and licenses required or necessary for their business and activities.
4. The representatives of each business enterprise must be Hong Kong residents aged between 18 and 45 (as at application deadline) and be the founder(s) of the business, owning over 50% shares of the business and actively engaged in its management.
1. Exhibition Training: All applicants will be invited to a special training presented by experts of Hong Kong Trade Development Council. It highlights successful tips for an expo exhibitor including topics on attractive booth arrangement and digital advertising / marketing.
2. Screening: Business enterprises should submit a PowerPoint about your business for screening.Please refer to A2.
3. Interview: Selected business enterprises may be invited to an interview (if applicable).
4. Home Delights Expo 2017: Selected business enterprises must attend the “Home Delights Expo 2017” from 17 August to 21 August 2017 to promote their products / services. Booth setting will be on 16 August 2017. For booth design: https://goo.gl/5CNpoc
1. Quality of products / services
2. Innovation and Creativity
3. Market potential / performance
5. Readiness of the Company
6. Other (e.g. technology application)
|27 June 2017||Recruitment deadline|
|03 July 2017 4pm – 6pm||Training|
|07 July 2017||Deadline of submitting PowerPoint|
|13-14 July 2017||Interview [if applicable]|
|17 July 2017||Result announcement|
|17-21 August 2017||Home Delights Expo 2017|
Registration Fee: HK$300/ business enterprise (Each business enterprise applies once only.)
Deposit: Each selected applicant (business enterprise) is required to give a deposit of HK$2,000 in a cheque format. The cheque will NOT be cleared under normal situation.
(*The deposit has to be paid in a crossed cheque made payable to “The Hong Kong Federation of Youth Groups”. If the business enterprise completes the Expo and well observes the Terms & Conditions, the cheque will be returned.)
All applicants will be awarded a Professional Exhibition Training.
Selected business enterprises will be awarded the following prizes:
1. A free exhibition area at the HKTDC Home Delights Expo 2017 (worth HK$4,760).
2. On-site coaching during the Expo to enhance success rate.
3. A year-round online listing on the HKTDC.com Small Orders E-commerce Transactional platform (worth HK$6,500).
4. One month free rent of hot desk in the HKFYG Jockey Club Social Innovation Centre (worth HK$1,200). (About the co-working space: Social Innovation Centre)
5. Promotion platforms and media interviews.