Google Career Certificates are a suite of flexible online training programs, built and taught by Google, that are designed to provide learners from all backgrounds with job-ready skills within 6 months. With the commitment of digitising Hong Kong for good, Google Hong Kong is offering 2,000 scholarships and will be distributed in partnership with the Hong Kong Federation of Youth Groups (HKFYG) and three industry partners, namely Fullness Social Enterprises Society (FSES), Hong Kong Design Centre and SME Lab.
- Advanced Data Analytics [NEW for 2023]
- Business Intelligence [NEW for 2023]
- Cybersecurity [NEW for 2023]
- Data Analytics
- Digital Marketing & E-commerce
- IT Automation
- IT Support
- Project Management
- UX Design
In 2023, Google Hong Kong is enhancing the Google Career Certificates program by offering both professional training and career support that can help youths to unlock new job opportunities in high-demand fields:
Google will provide Google Career Certificates scholarships and 2 new courses
- Google Hong Kong is offering 2,000 scholarships for Google Career Certificates in 2023, doubling the amount from last year
- Google has added 2 new courses, ‘Advanced Data Analytics’ and ‘Business Intelligence’, in response to the growing needs of the job market. For details, please refer to the Google Career Certificates official website
TalentLabs will provide well-rounded job-seeking skills support and empowerment
- All students will be able to access to the Online Learning Community, monthly career talks and basic version of the online career platform
- Students will receive a series of career services at different learning milestones:
- 10% completion: a free CV review and gain access to full version of the online career platform
- 50% completion: access to Career Track based group mentoring and an exclusive job list
- 100% completion: 1:1 personalised career coaching and placement services
CPJobs will provide a dedicated job board for Google Career Certificates students
- Scholarships are provided as licences for free Coursera access until 31 March 2024. Recipients can learn at their own pace, enrolling in any number of certificates or switching anytime
- Scholarships will be distributed through the Hong Kong Federation of Youth Groups (HKFYG)
- Learners can apply for a scholarship through HKFYG’s application form before the due date. HKFYG will be responsible for candidate screening and selection
- Scholarships will be distributed based on the eligibility criteria below on a first come, first served basis
- If a licence is inactive for 30 days before 31 December 2023, the scholarship will be re-assigned to a student from the waiting list. This is to ensure that the scholarship is being used to its full potential
Any Hong Kong permanent residents aged between 16 – 35 years old who are interested in learning new career skills related to technology and innovation
- April 19, 2023 – May 19, 2023
- Submit the online enrollment form. (Applicants are required to enroll via a gmail account)
- Applicants will receive a notification from the HKFYG secretary. Applicants are required to sign a Personal Data Declaration Form and email it to the secretary on or before May 19, 2023
- After successful enrollment, applicants will receive a confirmation email from the HKFYG secretary on or before 5 June, 2023. They can then start their online training journey. (After completing the relevant courses, they can continue to study other courses within the year)
Event Terms and Conditions:
- The Google Career Certificates Program‘s Google Career Certificates Scholarships and its relevant events (“Event”) are organised by The Hong Kong Federation of Youth Groups (“ Federation”) and supported by Google (Hong Kong) Limited. By participating in the Event, Participants acknowledge and agree to comply with the Event terms and conditions (“Ts&Cs”). We reserve the rights to change Event terms and conditions without prior notice, such changes are applicable to new and existing participants if they continue to participate in the Event.
- The Federation reserves the right to make final decisions in terms of the participant’s eligibility. If the participant provides incorrect information or does not appropriately follow the registration procedure to participate in the Event, the Federation has the right to object to the application. If the participant provides false information, participates in the Event with a false account, pretends the other person to participate in the Event, participates in the Event without honesty, violates the Event rules, or conducts cheating behaviors in any form, the Federation reserves the rights, including but not limited right relating to disqualification of participation and reward redemption.
- The Federation shall not in any event be liable to any loss or incorrection of information caused by internet transmission while they are submitted by the participant.. If the Event can not take place due to force majeure, the Federation has the right, to the full extension permitted by the applicable law, amend, suspend, cancel, or terminate the Event.
- The Federation reserves the rights to amend, change and suspend the Ts&Cs. The Federation has the rights to interpret and make supplements as necessary. By participating in the Event, participants agree to be bound by the Ts&Cs.
- Participate shall use one Gmail account to register all matters relating to the Program, included but not limited to Google Career Certificates Scholarships application, courses registration etc
The Hong Kong Federation of Youth Groups Social Innovation and Youth Business Unit