Open for Applications: “The HKFYG Inno Impact Project”
The global pandemic of COVID-19 has affected the entire world in ways we could never have imagined. In times like this, we need to be able to be innovative and creative so that we embrace change.
It is in this spirit that we launch “The HKFYG Inno Impact Project”. We welcome students, working youth, Start-ups or Social Entrepreneurs to submit proposals that look at how we can adapt and change in these challenging times and for our unknown future. The point of the proposal will be on being able to have both a social impact with social value.
Five innovative and creative proposals will be chosen to benefit with an award of up to HK$200,000 each in cash, with mentorship support and networking and promotion opportunities.
Think about joining! Read details below.
- Ages: 18 to 35
- Hong Kong residents
- Either as individuals or teams (teams can represent Organisations or companies or just groups of friends)
- Teams must have a leader and the leader, along with at least half of the team or even if a team application represents a company, the shareholders of the company must fall within the bracket of the eligible age groups (18 to 35) and be Hong Kong residents
- There will no restrictions on the idea or design of the proposal
- Project period must be for two years
- All selected proposals will be required to submit half yearly Progress Reports
- Innovation and Technology
- Youth Competitiveness
- Youth Employment
- Online submissions can be made through the official website. Once completed applications are submitted, a confirmation e-mail will be sent and applicants will be requested to submit relevant documents.
- Application form and all documents must be uploaded to website or sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- On or before 5pm, 31 December 2020
- Late submissions will not be considered
- Project proposal
- Budget plan
- HKID copy (all the team members)
- Education certificates
- References about work experience
- Copies of Business Registration Certificate of current or pre-owned businesses (if applicable)
- Initial Interview: 12 proposals will be shortlisted and will be invited to attend a first round interview
- Final Judging: Out of the 12, eight will qualify for the finals. Five innovative and creative proposals will be chosen to benefit with an award of up to HK$200,000 each in cash, with mentorship support and networking and promotion opportunities.
- All decisions made by the judging panel, at every stage, shall be final
- Social value, Benefit and Return (30%)
- Impact on the community or target group (30%)
- Innovation, Sustainability and Feasibility (20%)
- Number of beneficiaries/group (10%)
- Capability of applicant(s) (10%)
- Briefing Session #1: 27 November 2020
- Briefing Session #2: 14 December 2020
- Applications Open: 1 December 2020
- Application Deadline: 31 December 2020
- Initial Interview: Mid January 2021
- Final Judging: Late January 2021
- Result: February 2021
- Winners will be obligated to take part in promotional activities arranged by the organiser, which can include briefing sessions and media interviews
- The organiser reserves the rights to use the design works, including photos and video material for exhibitions, promotion and publication purposes
- The grant will be issued in two batches and winners will be required to sign an agreement to receive payment in two instalments. The first (50 per cent of the grant on inception of the project; and the second (remaining 50 per cent) on submission of the Mid-term report. Should there be need for other arrangements, justification needs to be provided, but may not be automatically entertained
- The winners must complete the projects according to the content of the proposals in 2 years. Should there be need for other arrangements, justification needs to be provided, but may not be automatically entertained
Can I submit more than one proposal?
Applicants are allowed to submit more than one proposal on different projects with different ideas, target beneficiaries and location
Do I need to set up a company?
Applicants are not required to set up a company to receive the grant (for the top five proposals).
Will other than financial support will be provided?
Mentoring sessions, venue, networking and promotional opportunities will be available to winners.
The Hong Kong Federation of Youth Groups
Tel: 3595 0945 / 3956 8001
Address: Room B-E, 11/F, Genesis, 33-35 Wong Chuk Hang Road, HK
Facebook Page: hkfyg.sic